Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tower of Terror or Leap of Faith


This past week at staff retreat, we had options for our free time.  Playing it safe, I chose a calming, soothing massage.  My son, however, leaned on adrenaline rush.  He decided to jump off a 100-foot tower!  As I sat on the bench looking up at him with his helmet and safety equipment on his body, I could not help but think, “What if that equipment fails?”  I envisioned my son laying flat on the ground.  I understand the chances were minimal and this was extreme but my fears allowed that mental outcome to be a considered reality. 

God provided a beautiful illustration as I was praying, asking Him to keep my son safe.  God showed me that although I can see the equipment attached to my son, that equipment has the ability to fail him.  In this case, he would not have a safe landing.  In contrast, I am unable to physically witness the hand of God on my life but God is in me, all around me, and working through my life to minister to those who He ordained to cross my path.  God wants me to trust Him enough to leap from whatever tower of faith He is calling me to.  He wants me to jump without questioning details.  He desires that I leap with an obedient heart that is faithful to do whatever He has asked me to do.  Here is the cool part!  Although I cannot see Him, I am equipped with the invisible Armor of God (Eph. 6:10-18) that will protect my heart, mind, and soul.  HE will never fail me!

Fear has the ability to paralyze us, keeping us from the will of God.  Fear is of the enemy.  The enemy hates it when we step out in faith, relying solely on God for provision, strength, vision, and guidance.  We must take the leap of faith and jump off the tower into His safe arms that serve as a refuge, strength, and stronghold.

Psalm 27:1 reads, “The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?”

What tower of terror is paralyzing you?  What giant step is He asking you to take?  Will you take the leap of faith?  I would love the opportunity to partner in prayer with you. 

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Glenys Nellist said...

What a great illustration Cailey! Don't you love it when God shows you things like that? Blessings on your ministry!

 
At January 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Cailey Dumler said...

Glenys,
I do love the creative ways He speaks to us. They are gifts! He is so patient and kind when we are stubborn. He whispers words of love instead of harshly reprimanding us for our selfish ways. Thank you for your encouraging words. Blessings on you and your ministry as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home