Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Life of Legacy


Today would have been my grandfather’s 89th birthday.  On this particular day, a flood of memories fills my heart and soul.  God designed His people to love God and love each other.  He desires for us to live in reconciliation with one another.  Even deeper, He longs for us to disciple one another.  Our lives should be lived each day with purpose.  Each moment should be intentional.  We should ask the Holy Spirit to guide each step, seeking opportunity to be a blessing to others. 

My grandfather’s steps reflect this description.  He made a difference in my life.  I traveled over 2000 miles to pay tribute to him at his memorial service.  As I arrived to the cemetery, I was greeted by every one of my cousins…all 20+.  My grandfather fed the hungry, loved the unlovable, and worked diligently to provide for his family. 

God does not expect for our lives to be lived perfectly.  The greatest commandment is to “love the Lord, your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.”  He simply desires for us to slow down and seek opportunity to serve others.  God has a purpose and a plan.  There are no coincidences.   

Who will we bless today?  How will we begin to leave a legacy?  A legacy that will lift Jesus higher?  As we live for today, may we choose to shine the light of Jesus in hope that others will see Him in a new and fresh way.  May we not pass by the person in need whom God placed in our path.  Let us live a life of legacy that lifts the Lord on high!


Matthew 25:37-40:
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home